Monday, March 31, 2008

Sausage Gravy and Scrambled Eggs

Life has been a little tough lately, so I decided we needed a reward for making it through the week. That reward came in the form of sausage gravy:


This time I made the gravy using Jimmy Dean sausage. The last time I made this I used Bob Evans because I had a coupon, and while it was good, it didn't have that kick that we wanted. Let me tell you, Jimmy Dean is the way to go. Whenever someone gives me a recipe involving breakfast sausage they always tell me you have to use Jimmy Dean. I thought they were crazy before, but now I'm a convert. This stuff is insanely good. Just look at the color. And the flavor - slightly spicy, with plenty of kick from all the herbs and spices. Yum! I served the gravy over homestyle biscuits with scambled eggs on the side.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. glad it was even better this time. and I'm glad you're treating yourself with something this good. when life is tough, great food can be such a comfort, I think. hope everything improves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - Thanks! Things are OK, just a little difficult right now. Hopefully it'll get better soon. In the meantime, there's always sausage gravy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!