Monday, March 17, 2008

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy and Scrambled Eggs

After our fantastic breakfast at C&T's house last Sunday I promised SP I would make biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast this weekend. On Sunday morning, while my darling husband was at the grocery store, I made the gravy, baked the biscuits and scrambled some eggs:


I used bake-off biscuits instead of making my own, but I have a feeling those biscuits SP was making earlier this year would be fantastic with this meal. The gravy is very simple - cook one of those tubes of breakfast sausage, breaking it into small pieces, until browned. Season with a little salt, pepper, dried (or fresh, if you have it) sage and thyme. Add 2 tablespoons of flour to the sausage and stir for about a minute. Add two cups of milk and cook until thickened. Since SP wasn't home yet I turned off the heat and let it sit so the flavors could combine. Once he got home I added a little more milk and turned the heat on low so it could reheat and thin out a bit. Such a fantastic, easy breakfast meal. Of course we won't be eating this again for awhile, but man was it good!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, making it in the morning..and you were right, it does sound quite easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nemesis - I hope you liked it. It was a cinch to make. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!