Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pork Chops with Apples and Onions

Monday is grocery night and since I never remember to plan ahead for dinner that night, we usually end up scrounging through the fridge and pantry trying to find something easy for dinner. This week I at least had the wherewithal to take some pork chops out of the freezer, but I didn't feel like making our usual breaded and fried variety. I remembered that years ago we made pork chops with apples and onions, so I thought I'd give that a go.


I sliced a large onion and an apple and cooked that in a pan with some butter and oil. The smells were reminding me of the chicken and apples dish I like to make, so I added in some celery as well. Once the veggies were soft I added a few glugs of white wine and deglazed the pan. All that got pushed to the side and the chops were seared on both sides. Once they were brown I covered them with the apple, onion and celery mixture and stuck the pan in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes so the chops could finish cooking through. They were moist and succulent.

We'd run out of milk so I couldn't do mashed potatoes. I just cubed and boiled the potatoes, drained them and tossed them with a little butter, parsley, salt and pepper. They were delicious. I also nuked some frozen corn and dinner was served.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you came up with something yummy for those chops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C Laz - It was good, but not fantastic. I need some new pork chop ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!