Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hungarian Paprikas

This is another recipe I got from Rachael Ray's Comfort Foods cookbook - Hungarian Paprikas:


I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested. It's basically cubed chicken (or pork) tossed in flour seasoned with paprika and marjoram (I used oregano) and browned. The sauce is made with roasted red peppers and a large can of tomatoes. I used plain but the recipe suggests stewed tomatoes. Stir that around to thicken slightly, season with salt and pepper and stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream right before serving. I served mine over buttered egg noodles tossed with chopped parsley. The sauce was fantastic with the roasted peppers and oregano. Next time I might add some veggies, but overall this was a winner.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Chicken paprikish is one of my favorite recipes! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my day!!!

    http://erinrach.blogspot.com/2008/03/this-really-really-made-my-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. I'm going to definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you be able to email me this? I can't find the recipe for the life of me in any of my Rachael Ray cookbooks or online. Or you could just post me on my blog, jennyscooking.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani - It's one of our favorites, too. :)

    Erin - Thanks again!

    Jenny - I'm going to post this on your blog sometime today. The recipe is in her 30-Minute Meals Comfort Foods book. It's not one of her newer books, which might be why you can't find it.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!