Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Cuban Sandwiches and Fries

In paging back through my blog recently I was reminded of the recipe for Cuban sandwiches that I got from Cook's Country. It's an incredibly easy meal to make and it tastes fantastic. I decided to pair it with fries for a yummy mid-week meal:


The recipe calls for both yellow mustard and mayo. In the past we decided we didn't like the combination of flavors with this sandwich so I left the yellow mustard off my sandwich entirely and added a little garlic to the mayo. SP, despite being an avid mayo fan, asked me to make his without mayo - just yellow mustard. I was skeptical but he loved it that way. I cooked the fries on my pizza stone and while they were crispy, they could have spent a few more minutes in the oven.


We really love the combination of flavors in this sandwich - the melty Swiss cheese, the roast pork and the ham with the pickles and banana peppers is a match made in Heaven.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What on earth are banana peppers? I read that and pictured half a banana shoved into the sandwich and I thought that was an odd choice of flavours! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - LOL! You crack me up! This page has a good photo/description of the pepper. I buy them in a jar cut into rings and pickled. They're mildly spicy and really tasty.

    http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/vegetables/hot_banana_pepper.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Cuban sandwiches, but need a great recipe. I kind of like mustard myself. Love your blog and plan on coming back.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!