Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Asparagus

I saw this recipe for Pepperoni and Cheese Stuffed Chicken on Melissa's blog awhile back and knew I had to make it soon. As I was making the menu for this week I was trying to come up with a meal involving chicken when I remembered the recipe. It was perfect because we had a stick of pepperoni and plenty of cheddar cheese in the fridge. Asparagus was on sale so I roasted two bunches to go alongside the chicken:


While the meal was delicious, I was unhappy with the presentation. I've never had much luck stuffing chicken breasts. The filling always comes out because I can't seem to make a nice, neat package. Oh well - it still tasted fantastic, was easy to make and I didn't have to buy anything except the asparagus.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks beautiful. I'm going to definitely have to try this one. And as for the asparagus, it always looks so good in your meals but I've never actually tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get mine to look pretty. I remember you and dani and I talking about that. but taste trumps all and those look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have trouble with stuffing chicken, too.

    Then, while working on a cordon bleu recipe, I rolled the chicken up and squished it real tight inside plastic wrap, tying each end like a tootsie roll wrapper. Then I popped it into the freezer for an hour. When I took them out, I pulled off the wrap, sauteed for a bit (starting on the seem side) and they stayed completely round!! Works like a charm for me every time.

    I think this recipe looks like a keeper and my husband LOVES roasted asparagus, I make them for him all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie - Thanks! There are certain things I don't think I photograph well and this is one of them. But I'm glad you think it looks good. :) You should try asparagus - it's SO good!

    Melissa - Yup, taste trumps all and this was really yummy!

    Angie - Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try that next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG my husband would LOVE This recipe!! Looks great, thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!