Monday, March 10, 2008

Breakfast with C&T

The weather was awful on Saturday so since we were planning a late night at C&T's we decided to stay over. C&T were incredibly gracious hosts and despite the time change kicking all our butts, T was up early making a sensational breakfast. Just look at this plate of food:


T mentioned to me earlier in the week that she made a mean sausage gravy. In all my years of loving breakfast I have never tried sausage gravy. She serves hers over biscuits:


It might not look that appetizing, but this was absolutely amazing. So amazing that I asked for the recipe and I'm planning to make it for Sunday breakfast this week:


T also scrambled some eggs with cut-up pieces of beef from dinner the night before:


I had my eggs plain, but SP was in heaven. Steak and eggs is a winning combination in his book. T also used some of the potatoes from the night before to make potatoes with onions and peppers:


Thank you again for such a fantastic weekend. We had a blast! Next time we'll do Eggs Benedict at our house.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. That gravy looks so good...sooooo are you gonna share how to make it..if T lets you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nemesis - Stay tuned this weekend - I'm planning to make the gravy for Sunday breakfast. I'll post the recipe then (there's hardly anything to it!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a GREAT time with you guys! Thanks for coming out and hanging with us and letting me experiment on you guys. My kids take the fun out of experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracie - I'm serious...next time we'll do Eggs Benedict at our house. :) And we need to set up a date to take C for a burger with a fried egg on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes that gravy DOES look appetizing. I cannot make gravy to save my life, but I would love to learn how to make the sausage one. used to get that a lot when I lived in texas.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!