Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mini Meatloaf Muffins, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli

I had used one pound of ground beef for the Swedish meatballs, so the other pound was combined with salsa, bread crumbs, a beaten egg and grated onion to make mini meatloaf muffins:


After I mixed the meat with the other ingredients I put it into muffin tins and topped it with some ketchup. They baked at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, alongside broccoli that I cut into florets and tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili poweder. Mashed potatoes rounded out this very comforting meal.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. So, do you need any more relatives? I'd love to be one of your relatives, especially during any holiday. You certainly know how to "put on the hog", so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snooty - Sure! The more the merrier, I always say. :) Although, I'm not sure what you mean by "putting on the hog" so I hope it's a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you put this idea in my head some time back, making mini loaves or muffins, and I still haven't done it. it's something I actually feel like I could play around with and not look up a recipe for, so I really should. yours look delicious, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa - They are definitely something you can play around with and not follow an exact recipe. If you have a general idea how to make meatloaf, all you do is portion it out into muffin tins. Easy as pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great blog. I've made these meatloaf muffins before, and everyone just loves them. Its a comfort food classic - and quick since the meatloaf muffins cook quicker. Great blog. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!