Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Cookout

On Sunday we had friends over for a Memorial Day cookout. They brought chips and salsa that we enjoyed out in the back yard, along with Rum Runners and Pina Coladas:


SP grilled up some hamburgers and hot dogs:


... and I made pasta salad:


I was really pleased with the pasta salad. Our guests had requested a traditional pasta salad with Italian dressing; something I've never made. I couldn't use something bottled so I made my own Italian dressing using this recipe and tossed it with the hot pasta. I also diced green and orange peppers, tomatoes, olives, broccoli, celery, red onion and scallion and tossed everything together with a little more dressing. It was really good, if I do say so myself. My plate:


The burgers were juicy and tasted great with lettuce, tomato and red onion. Our guests also brought cupcakes to round out the meal:


I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend!
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I really wish we lived closer :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. longhair - I know! :( We were thinking back to last year when you guys were visiting at this time. Hard to believe it's been a whole year already. We missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I'm sure he's a hoot at get-togethers. ;)

    I love pasta salad. Yours does look really good, you have every reason to be proud of it. I've never made my own dressing, but now I think I really should try at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food looks lovely, especially the pasta salad - it looks really fresh and light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I can be rather boring at times! A lot of the time!

    Then again you should have seen me playing third base in whiffle ball this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!