Friday, May 23, 2008

Chicago Trip - Fox & Obel

There is an awesome specialty market near where my grandparents live called Fox & Obel. In addition to prepared foods, fresh meat and seafood, vegetables, and specialty products, they have a cafe. SP and I love going there for breakfast when we're in town so we stopped in on Sunday morning. He always goes for the breakfast panini:


... made with crusty bread stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese. Breakfast potatoes come alongside. I love their Cobb omelet:


... stuffed with chicken, tomato, scallion, apple-wood smoked bacon, blue cheese and avocado. It comes with the same breakfast potatoes and choice of toast (I got an English muffin with jam). I also had a fresh-squeeze orange juice. If we lived in the city we'd be here all the time on weekends. Great food and it's fun to sit by the window and people-watch while you read the newspaper.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Now that looks like my kind of restaurant! I have cousins that live in the greater Chicago area, I'll have to check out Fox & Obel the next time we get up there for a visit. Thanks for posting the review and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely my kind of food. I love the panini and the potatoes. Yuuuuum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie - Definitely check it out the next time you're in the area.

    Melissa - They are one of the few places I know who can do breakfast potatoes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you can see it. Awesome color.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!