Sunday, September 02, 2007

Banana-Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I'm not sure how it happened but we're running dangerously low on staples. As in, we have no bread, only 2 eggs and no breakfast meats (among other, non-breakfast-related things). As we were falling asleep last night I asked SP how he felt about me experimenting with bananas in waffles or pancakes, since we had a few ripe bananas that needed to be used and plenty of pancake mix. He said that sounded good so this morning I made banana-chocolate chip pancakes that were quite delicious:


And just so you don't think everything I make is always fantastic, here's what I initially made:


That's the remnants of the banana waffles I tried to make. I'm not sure what happened, but when I opened the waffle iron the waffles had separated into two layers, one stuck to the top of the iron and the other stuck to the bottom. It smelled so good while it was cooking that I was sad it didn't work out, but it certainly was a funny sight.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for revealing your imperfection. I was beginning to wonder :)

    We were in the same boat yesterday -- nearly no food in the house. Hubby and I came home from a movie, and the kids said, "We were trying to find a snack and couldn't find anything." No fruit, crackers, nothing at all snack-like. Not even any bread or milk!! The situation has improved, but I still don't feel like cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I LOVE the broken waffles! did you still eat them? Did they taste good? :D

    Banana is awesome in pancakes, and I definitely know the feeling of having to use up things and being low on bread and eggs etc! You did well to have bananas and pancake mix! Breakfast for us on days like that is usually two spearmint lollies on the way to work! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoJo - Ha! I had a feeling people might think things never go wrong around here. :P

    Katie - No, we didn't eat them, although I bet they would have tasted just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!