Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Salad for Dinner

SP started his new job yesterday (yay!) While we're both thrilled it's taking some getting used to. I was so spoiled these last few months. While I was at work the laundry was done and put away, the grocery shopping was done, the yard was kept neat and tidy, errands were run, the house was clean and all those nit-picky projects no one has time for were completed. So instead of enjoying a relaxing evening at home last night, we went grocery shopping (boo!) We needed something quick for dinner before we went out so I got all the ingredients for a big salad ready Sunday and assembled them last night.


While I finished some last minute chopping SP breaded and fried a pounded-thin piece of chicken, which I tossed with bacon, hardboiled eggs, cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, beets, broccoli, red pepper and mushrooms. Once everything was ready I added some arugula from my parent's veggie box:


... and dinner was served. I had my salad with red wine vinegar and oil and it was just OK. It was much tastier for lunch today with creamy Caesar.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. that salad looks good! I love salad though. I always have mine with oil and balsamic. and I noticed that the flavor of that mixes really really well with chicken and avocado in a salad. just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! and congrats to SP on a new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa - I love a good salad every once in awhile. :)

    And thanks! He's enjoying it so far, although it's taking a lot of getting used to with his new routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This salad looks delicious! ...I second your vote for a creamy Caeser, especially if it's home made :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!