Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pork Chops (and is this week over yet!?)

What is up with this week? I'm telling you Friday cannot come soon enough. Unfortunately for my regular readers it's been a slow week on the food front. Monday we ate leftover meatloaf et al. from Sunday's dinner, Tuesday and Wednesday I went out with friends and tonight's meal wasn't anything to write home about. SP cooked up some of his Dijon pork chops:


... but instead of serving them with mashed potatoes we thought rice would be a good substitute. Yeah...not so much. The first problem was that we didn't have any plain white rice so he was forced to use basmati, which doesn't quite go with Dijon mustard sauce. Not that I think regular white rice would have fared better. All day I was thinking about a nice gravy like the one we had with the Smothered Pork Chops last week, but SP's Dijon sauce is just not the same.

We also opted to use up some of the frozen vegetables lurking in the freezer, so we ate some so-so corn and some downright disgusting green beans. Never again am I buying frozen green beans. Yuck!

SP ran out to get the new Bruce Springsteen album and is going to be picking up some more Chik-Fil-A for a snack while we watch CSI. I'll spare you the photos since it'll be exactly the same as last time. Hopefully I'll get back into a cooking groove tomorrow with the return of an old favorite for Pizza Friday.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I soooooo agree about this week! I've been too tired to cook and haven't felt the urge to blog this week.

    I also agree about frozen green beans. I like corn and peas frozen - the rest, I'll buy fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what frozen green beans are good? the c&w tiny whole green beans, french imported. they were a surprise to us both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara - Must be something related to the phases of the moon. Most people I know are having a weird week.

    I don't know why I bought them, but there was just a little bit left in the bag so obviously we used them for something at one point.

    alosha - Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check them out and see if our stores carry the brand.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!