Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Artichoke Alfredo Sauce

After our rousing success with the Barbecue Shredded Beef sandwiches we decided to look through back issues of Cook's Country for meal ideas for the rest of the week. Tonight's dinner, Artichoke Alfredo Sauce:


... came from a recipe contest the magazine had back in the October/November 2005 issue. This was one of the runner's-up and was based on the flavors of artichoke dip. If we hadn't been discussing what to do with a can of artichoke hearts SP found in the back of the pantry I'm not sure I would have ever thought to make this dish but I'm really glad I did. It was outstanding. Then again, I am a huge fan of artichoke dip. And for my money you can't go wrong with a recipe that involves sour cream, heavy cream, onions and garlic. Obviously this is not something to eat all the time, but it was a nice sinful indulgence. SP isn't a huge fan of artichokes so we'll see what he thinks of this dish. If it was up to me this would join my repertoire. It was incredibly easy to make and dinner was on the table in less than 30 minutes. Rachael Ray would be proud.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I love artichoke dip! Your pasta dish looks good. Anything with heavy cream in it is a sure winner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leica - this was really, really good. The flavors of the artichoke and lemon juice really cut through the heaviness of the sour cream and heavy cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn that looks GOOD. for me, anyway. too bad my hubby doesn't love artichokes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alosha - would he be willing to at least try them? SP isn't a huge fan either but he really liked this dish. He even mentioned it again this evening, saying he was very surprised by how good it was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, he's tried them and doesn't entirely dislike them, but I bet he'd raise an eyebrow if he saw I was making a whole sauce out of them. still, I might try it anyway and just not tell him what's for dinner until the plate is in front of him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alosha - I think he'll be pleasantly surprised by this one. You could always make a half order and if he doesn't like it, more for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!