Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fourth of July

Happy 4th! SP and I invited my mother-in-law and her sister over for a BBQ and to help us break in our new patio set.

We decided to make BBQ Chicken using Ina's recipe, except SP couldn't find bone-in chicken so we had to settle for breasts:


They got a little burnt on the grill, but they were still moist and flavorful. The sauce was the real winner. It was outstanding. We will definitely be making this again.

I made my All-American potato salad, which was a huge hit:


Aunt D brought coleslaw:


And some grilled vegetables:


My mother-in-law was in charge of the antipasto, which she gets from a local pizzeria. It is phenomenal:


My plate, from the top - a piece of the chicken with a pool of BBQ sauce, potato salad, grilled vegetables and a big pile of the antipasto:


For dessert I made a sheet cake using a Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix and frosting we got especially for the 4th. Notice the stars and stripes sprinkles and the red, white and blue theme. Very patriotic:



Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. The cake looks delicious and very colorful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leica - It was quite tasty, too. I'm a sucker for cake and I truly love boxed cake mixes better than homemade (at least any cake I've ever made from scratch). I had a big ol' slice for dessert tonight, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic looking meal! I especially like the look of the chicken and grilled vegies.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!