Sunday, July 08, 2007

Spaghetti with Shrimp

Tonight was the rarest of occasions - SP and I cooked dinner together and we both lived to tell the tale. With a heat wave sweeping through our area neither of us felt like venturing outside today to go grocery shopping so we needed to cook dinner with food we had on hand. We decided to make spaghetti with tomato sauce and shrimp, for a little something different.


The sauce was made with tomatoes my mother and I canned last summer. We're getting close to canning season and SP likes to use up last year's batch before we can this year's. With my parents on vacation we picked up their co-op vegetables on Saturday and used the baby onions and some basil from the box in the sauce. We also got a ton of lettuces so I made a salad with some lettuce, a few scallions (also from the box) and some red cabbage. The dressing is a Chipotle Ranch that we got on sale awhile back.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Heyyy...with all those fresh veggies...share the wealth, girlfriend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shrimps on pasta! I've had a shrimp pasta in a restaurant where they grill them over charcoal before adding to the sauce. Absolutely yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C Laz - What? You want some veggies? Come on down. :P

    Leica - Grilled shrimp are the best! Was it a tomato sauce they added the grilled shrimp to? I'll have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!