Saturday, July 14, 2007

Pizza Friday

I have to say, this was one of the best pizzas we've ever made. SP was in charge of the "sauce" which isn't as much sauce as it is tomatoes with all the liquid removed and then seasoned with salt, red pepper flakes, oregano and a splash of olive oil. Toppings included pepperoni, black olives, torn basil and just a smattering of mozzarella cheese:


I'm not sure why this pizza was so exceptional, but we both took one bite and were bowled over by all the flavors.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That pizza looks absolutely yummy (But I'd pick off the olives, hehe). I love how the cheese and the tomatoes sort of blend together - it's a good idea to make the "sauce" in that way, much yummier than ketchup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - I'm not sure why but like I said, this was one of the best pizzas we've ever made. The "sauce" is so good this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just wanted to say that I love your blog and your simple dishes. I can't believe how perfect you homemade potato chips are...

    We have pizza every Friday, too. Glad I can look at your feature for some new ideas!

    Thanks, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gina! Welcome. :) I'm so glad to hear you like my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!