Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hodge-Podge Sauce

My mom gave us some zucchini and a green pepper (among other things) from their vegetable box so I decided to use them, along with about half a pound of ground beef from the freezer, onion, garlic and basil, to make a meat and vegetable sauce for dinner tonight:


We also wanted garlic bread:


... that SP picked up pre-made at the store as an experiment. For less than $2 we got a loaf of bread that we just had to heat in the oven, but the bread to garlic butter ratio was way off, not to mention that we couldn't taste any garlic at all. I definitely prefer to make my own, especially because a plain baguette is less than $1.

From earlier this afternoon, the sauce bubbling away on the stove:


... and a pot full of cabbage cooking in butter with bay leaves, salt and pepper:


SP loves cabbage cooked this way and my mom had a huge head of cabbage from the co-op that was way more than she and my stepdad could be expected to eat by themselves.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. We had dinner with the Laz inlaws and YES, once again, I forgot my damn camera.
    Oh yes, M Laz also got into a car accident today, I am gonna post about it on my blog. He's okay, no injuries but my car may not survive. :(

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!