Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Turkey Burgers and Baked Potatoes

What do you get when you have about half a pound of ground turkey and some kaiser rolls in your freezer? Turkey burgers, that's what.


I should have mixed in some grated onion or something because the burgers themselves didn't have much flavor despite the salt, pepper and Worchestershire sauce. This was SP's first time grilling burgers and I think the flame was too hot because by the time the burgers were cooked all the way through (one downside of ground turkey) they were a little dry. That was helped by the lettuce, bacon, cheddar cheese and red onion, as well as the sauce I made using mayo, yellow mustard and ketchup.

I saw a recipe for baked potatoes with broccoli and cheddar cheese in an issue of Everyday Food so I made those to go along with the burgers. They were surprisingly easy, since you microwave the potatoes and the broccoli, and really tasty.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!