Saturday, April 28, 2007

Breakfast For Dinner

I had planned to make a new recipe for panko-crusted fish sticks for dinner on Thursday, but I forgot to take out the fish filets to defrost. SP said he was in the mood for Breakfast For Dinner anyway, so I whipped up a couple omelets for us:


... along with bacon for me and sausage for him. My inspiration for this omelet came from Rachael Ray's Canadian Bennys, which are very labor intensive. The sauce for the Bennys is made with cream, chopped tomato, scallions and cheddar cheese, so I whipped the eggs with some cream and used tomato, scallions and cheddar for the filling.

We enjoyed the dessert paninis so much I made them again, only with a slight variation:


... peanut butter. The addition of the peanut butter really pushed these over the edge from excellent to downright decadent. I could only eat half of my sandwich before crying uncle. Luckily it reheated beautifully the next night.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!