Thursday, April 12, 2007

Cheesey Chicken and Spinach

I'm not sure where I found this recipe for Cheesey Chicken and Spinach:


... but it was mighty tasty. I figured one chicken breast per person but because I pounded the chicken this one breast turned out to be a huge portion. I only ate half of what's in the photo.

The recipe is actually really easy - coat chicken in egg and seasoned flour (salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder) and then brown it in a pan. Once it's brown you put the chicken in a casserole dish, top it with frozen chopped spinach that you defrosted and dried and a little melted butter (melted with a cracked clove of garlic for added flavor). Make a sauce using white wine, chicken stock and lemon juice in the pan you cooked the chicken in, pour that over the chicken and spinach, top with slices of mozzarella cheese and a little Parmesan and bake for 15 minutes in a 350-degree oven to finish cooking the chicken and to melt the cheeses. I served it with mashed potatoes made with a few cloves of garlic.
Pin It!

1 comment:

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!