Monday, August 18, 2008

Dinner with My Parents

I spent this past weekend at my parent's house. Every summer around this time my mom and I can tomatoes. After all the fun we had when my mom slept over our house for the Doctor Who season finale we decided it would be fun if I stayed over there for a canning weekend. I went over Saturday and we had a lovely dinner, including shrimp in anchovy butter:


... as an appetizer while we had drinks on the deck. For dinner we had a beet and goat cheese salad:


... as well as some corn on the cob:


... and sliders on mini rolls:


My plate, with a little of everything:


It was a great weekend! I can't wait to do it again in two weeks. This year, instead of a marathon canning session that breaks our backs we decided to can over the course of a few weekends. It's easier and a lot more fun!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!