Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dinner at C & T's

Last night we went to CC & TC's house for dinner. The food was incredibly yummy and we had a great time. The other T at the party brought his famous tomato bruschetta:


... that was so amazingly good I ate at least 5 pieces. The thing I liked the most was that the tomatoes were pureed instead of in chunks. I hate biting into a piece of bruschetta and having all the tomatoes fall off the bread. In keeping with the Hawaiian luau theme, H brought a mango, avocado salsa:


... that was sweet and flavorful. We couldn't stop eating it and decided it would be great served on grilled fish or chicken.

T had leftover mozzarella from the bruschetta so he threw together a quick mozzarella, tomato and basil salad drizzled with 18-year-old balsamic vinegar and a splash of olive oil:


While we noshed on the appetizers we helped TC finish skewering the meat and vegetables:


She had chicken, shrimp and flank steak that we skewered with pineapple, red onion, mushrooms, green and red peppers and yellow and green squash. Then she drizzled everything with an island marinade that was sweet and spicy and oh-so-good.

TC rounded out the rest of the meal with a salad:


... made with lettuce, strawberries, blue cheese and toasted almonds. The sweetness of the strawberries mixed with the crunch of the almonds and the tang of the blue cheese was excellent.

She also made a tasty pasta salad with avocado, tomato, fennel, roasted corn and pine nuts:


... as well as some jasmine rice to sop up all the good juices from the skewers:


Some of the skewers hot off the grill:


My plate with two shrimp and one chicken skewer, rice, pasta salad and regular salad:


And for dessert:


... grilled peaches and pineapple over toasted angel food cake with a drizzle of red wine sauce. Decadent and tasty, the perfect ending to the meal. Thanks TC and CC for a wonderful night of good food, good friends and good music!
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. wow, this is awesome, I feel like I have had dinner with you and SP everynight! Everything looks great. I too had a fun time last night :) See you on the 18th....

    ReplyDelete
  2. H - Yay! You stopped by. :) Thanks for putting up with my incessant picture-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my lord... You are killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hawaiian theme and no Spam? Shame on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stupid question...where would I find a mango? I can never find them when I go food shopping...think Whole Foods would have them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina - :)

    Longhair - Ewww...Spam is gross! :P

    C Laz - I think most supermarkets carry them. I'm surprised King's doesn't. Whole Foods would definitely have them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks good! It's making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!