Thursday, April 05, 2007

Polish Chicken

When I was growing up my grandmother had a few recipes that she made over and over again for the family. One of those was Polish chicken. I'm not sure what makes it Polish, but that's what we called it. On this trip I made sure to watch her make this so I could replicate it at home.


The chicken is coated with flour, garlic and onion powder and then fried in a little canola oil until golden brown. Then chicken bouillion is added, along with some water and minced onion, to make a thick gravy as the chicken finishes cooking.


We always had Polish chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. For the potatoes I used red bliss and kept the skins on for more color and flavor.


The green beans I steamed and then tossed with some butter, salt and pepper. Everything got a liberal coating of gravy because, as we all know, I am a sauce fiend.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh YUM! That looks awesome! I am such a fan of chicken and that mashed potato looks great! I wish I had that meal last night! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be trying that one too.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!