Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chicken Parm Burgers and Fries

SP loved these so much the last time I made these chicken parm burgers I decided to put them on the menu again.


Since I had so many chicken breasts in the freezer I wondered if I could make my own ground chicken. I looked online and it sounded like people had success using a food processor and chicken that wasn't completely defrosted. I have to say, it worked rather well - a few quick pulses and the cubes of chicken were the perfect texture for making into burgers. Unfortunately one pound of chicken breasts didn't seem to equal one pound of ground chicken so I ended up with only 3 burger patties instead of 4. Poor SP had to buy lunch the next day.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. ooh sounds good! I love chicken parmesan

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous! I am excited to find another way to make chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I love your pictures! I think there are some great ideas here...thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I actually make chicken parm, one of my sons always puts it on a roll or bread. I never thought of making a burger, I am going to try it. This will save a lot of work with the same flavor. Maybe toast the roll with garlic butter. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!