Thursday, January 25, 2007

Nacho Bread Pizza

While reading through my usual list of food blogs I came across a recipe for Rachael Ray's Nacho Bread Pizza at Sweetnicks that looked and sounded tasty. I could even do some of the prep the night before, which is always a plus.

The result:


... was much better than I thought it would be. It was also very messy. I think the baguette I used was too small because even when I hollowed it out there wasn't much room for the toppings. But what matters most - taste - made this a winner. The beans were perfectly seasoned with hints of smokey cumin and hot sauce and the crunchy lettuce/red onion/stuffed olive/scallion topping really paired well with the bread and the beans. I would definitely make this again, although I might incorporate some ground beef for my meat-loving husband.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry if this is a duplicate - having internet issues. *doh* Feel free to delete it if you got the first one. :)

    I like the idea of this for dinner because it's lighter than most meals and you can choose to have it meat or no meat. I'll definitely have to add this to my To-Do List. Although I haven't heard of Rachel Ray over here, she seems popular amongst the blogging community - some people love her, some ... don't. That's what I've noticed anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing about this meal was that it is very carb-heavy because of the bread. My husband and I both ate one and a half pieces and that was too much. But it was definitely tasty.

    I'm surprised you haven't heard of her over there. She seems to be everywhere! There are definitely a lot of people who like her and a lot of people who think she's Satan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Rachael make this and thought, "hmm, interesting." It looked like more of a challenge to get the thing into my mouth rather than on my shirt. I'm still wondering if I should give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly....it tasted good, but was very hard to eat. And it's not exactly knife-and-fork food, either.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!