Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving Day: Dessert

I've never been much of a sweet person (as you can probably tell from reading my blog), but you can't have Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, at least not in my house. My mom baked a delicious pumpkin pie:


... that we had with homemade whipped cream my stepgrandmother brought for my stepdad's birthday (which happened to fall on Thanksgiving this year):


We also had blueberry and pecan pies (not pictured because by the time we got to dessert I was in a food coma). My mom took this picture (and the one of the finished pie above) because she thought it was very important to mention that she uses Brer Rabbit Molasses when she makes her pie:


I know I'm really late with these postings, but I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving!
Pin It!

1 comment:

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!