Saturday, December 27, 2008

Pizza Pockets

After the holiday get together with my friends a few weeks ago SP was dying for me to make the pizza pockets Colleen brought to the party. I realized I had all the ingredients on hand so I made them for a snack on Christmas Eve.


I used a regular ball of pizza dough that I get frozen from a local Italian bakery, so I had some issues rolling it into a rectangle and cutting it into even pieces. So some of the pockets were much larger then the others. It was OK...they still tasted great. Here they are ready to go into the oven:


And fresh out of the oven all golden brown and crispy:


While SP liked them, the look on his face when he first bit into one was total and utter surprise. It turns out he wasn't expecting this filling:


... of spinach and sausage mixed with cream cheese. Apparently the name "pizza pockets" evokes thoughts of pizza flavors (sauce, cheese, maybe pepperoni) stuffed inside the dough and baked. Whoops! I knew what to expect because I'd had them already but SP was a little surprised. He liked them, but he asked me to please make real pizza pockets sometime soon. Stay tuned for that in the coming days...
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Looks great and this is on my must try list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I want some of these right now! You have been a crazy updater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, Steve would be the same way. Like, "why is there anything but mozzarella and meat in here?"

    I would have been thrilled to bite into it, of course, but you knew that. Those look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joelen - They were delicious!

    Colleen - I know! I was in a mood to update. :) Thanks for making these...I never would have found this recipe.

    Jenn - OMG, they were so good!

    Melissa - Hehe...exactly. I knew you'd love it!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!