Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baked Shrimp and Scallops

Two of my friends, Colleen and Brooke, recently made baked seafood recipes and the photos on their blogs were giving me serious seafood envy. Then I saw Ina Garten make a scallop gratin and I knew I had to put this meal on the menu ASAP. I had some shrimp and scallops in the fridge so I loosely followed Ina's recipe.


The main modification I made was I didn't blend all the seasonings with butter (I didn't use any butter at all in my recipe). Everything went into the casserole dish and was tossed together before cooking. I served the seafood over rice made with chicken stock for more flavor:


I've been craving salad so I asked SP to pick up some spring mix at the store. I dressed mine with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper:


SP called me from the store all excited about a loaf of garlic bread he'd found in the bakery. It was pillowy and soft, with a great garlic flavor:


I wish there had been more sauce for dipping, but this was still an excellent meal. Next time I'll pre-cook the shallots and garlic. The 15 minutes they spent in the oven did nothing to soften the flavors and raw garlic breath is not pleasant. It was still delicious, though.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks great with all your modifications!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have scallops planned for tomorrow. If I don't get sicker than I already am. If I make them, I will bake them.

    Ha.

    No seriously though, I think you wrote once about doing this before and I've never put them in the oven. And with shrimp too, well, it sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome and incorporates a lot of our faves... shrimp, scallops, rice. Your pics are wonderful too!!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!