Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pork Chops and Corn Fritters

On Monday SP made the Whiskey River Pork Chops and Corn Fritters we enjoyed earlier this month:


While I hate to admit it, his version was better than mine. The sauce had a better consistency and flavor. I was in charge of the corn fritters. I learned my lesson from last time and let them sit undisturbed in the pan so they could get nice and crispy. The sweet corn I've been getting from the farmer's market has been excellent and I love using it for these fritters.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, those corn fritters look awesome! Are they deep fried or shallow fried? I don't think I've ever tried one in my life, but those make me tempted! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - they're shallow fried in just a smidge of oil (enough to coat the bottom of a wide skillet). I had never had them before making this recipe but now we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look awesome- I'm going to get the last of the corn at the farmer's market this weekend and try them!

    I just love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C - Thank you! That is so nice to hear. :)

    If the batter seems a little wet/loose just add more flour and cornmeal (in equal amounts). I had to do that this last time and I think they were actually better, more crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how I love those little crunchy things. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!