Sunday, August 05, 2007

Tennessee Whiskey Pork Chops and Farmstand Corn Fritters

Another dinner made possible by the lovely folks at Cook's Country. SP is a huge Jack Daniel's fan so when I saw the recipe for Tennessee Whiskey Pork Chops I knew he'd be a fan. On the same page was a recipe for Farmstand Corn Fritters, which was perfect since I bought 5 ears of corn at a farmer's market.


I served the pork chops and corn fritters with simple mashed potatoes made with butter, milk, salt and pepper.

This was an outstanding meal. The pork chops were moist and perfectly cooked. I'm now a convert to bone-in chops. And the sauce...sweet and slightly booze-y, it was a great accompaniment to the chops. The fritters didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped (I admit, I was futzing with the first batch), but they had great flavor and were very easy to make. I'd definitely make them again only I'd leave them alone to set up and brown before trying to flip them. The recipe said they'd cook for only 1 minute per side, but mine took at least 3 to start browning and could have gone for 5 a side in order to get even more crispy and golden brown.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Bone in pork chops...my weakness. They're so amazingly good and then there's a bone to gnaw on afterward. Brings out the caveman(!) in me.

    If you wouldn't mind, the recipe for corn fritters would be wonderful m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C Laz - I really hate that Cook's Country and ATK have paid websites. Sigh. I'll have to get you the recipe tonight. It is very simple to make and oh-so-tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too...me too...I want to try the fritters!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, the pork chop looks great! I love a juicy pork chop.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!