Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Chicken Tikka Masala

I saw this recipe on Gina's blog and it sounded so yummy and so easy I had to give it a try.


I don't think I've ever ordered tikka masala in an Indian restaurant before so I don't have anything to compare this to, but it was mighty tasty. I liked that I had all the ingredients on hand, save for the cilantro, jalapeno and yogurt, which made this meal very economical. I used boneless, skinless thighs since that's what we bought in bulk from the wholesale club. I also served mine over basmati rice since we love the flavor. Sadly, I had to forgo the avocado because they're just too expensive right now, but I'll definitely try it in the future.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I saw this the other day and hadn't forgotten about it since. it gave me new ideas for dinner, i.e., one that doesn't involve a meat, a grain and a vegetable. steve was interested too, so another plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to make tikka masala. I have never tried it before either. I am going to give your recipe a try. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa - I would definitely make this again. SP was at band practice when I made this so he didn't try it until lunch the next day and when he got home the first thing he said to me was that he absolutely loved it. I'm definitely making it again soon.

    Amy - This is a great recipe. I don't know how authentic it is, but it's pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!