Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

In my quest for banana recipes I also came across this one for Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. I baked a batch on a recent Sunday for us to enjoy during the week.


The cookies are seriously addictive. I could have eaten about 4 in one sitting even though they were incredibly rich.


I love the combo of peanut butter and chocolate and peanut butter and banana so combining all three made perfect sense. I can't wait to make these again. Just writing this blog post is making my mouth water.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Slightly Modified from Cathy's Kitchen

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 banana, sliced
15 teaspoons peanut butter (give or take)

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.

Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes, up to one hour. This is a very important step, so don't skip it. The butter in the dough needs to firm up again or your cookies will spread in the oven.

After the dough has chilled, use a small cookie scoop to make mounds of dough on the cookie sheet. Using the back of the scoop, make a dent in the top for the banana slice. Place a slice of banana, then place about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on top of the banana slice. Scoop another dough ball, flatten and mound on top. You should have a big dough ball now.

Bake in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes approximately 15 giant cookies.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm - I love all those three flavors together! I even had an "Elvis" ice cream flavor the other day but I think I'd prefer it in a cookie like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious and I am sure, straight out of the oven they would be too delicious to resist! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those sound so yummy!!! I love those combinations too.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!