Monday, July 13, 2009

Breaded Chicken with Arugula, Tomato and Red Onion Salad

I wanted to do something different with chicken so I decided to try making a dish I've seen on a few menus but never ordered - chicken (or veal) with a salad made with arugula, tomato and red onion:


Initially I was going to use store-bought bread crumbs but then I saw we had a few slices of bread leftover from the previous week so I made fresh bread crumbs instead. The difference was huge and now SP says I have to make any breaded meat using fresh bread crumbs. They got nice and toasty in the oil and had a satisfying crunch when we bit into the chicken. I just pulsed some torn bread in my mini food processor and seasoned them with dry Italian seasoning. Easy and delicious.

After a shallow fry I topped the hot chicken with the arugula tossed with tomatoes and red onion that I'd marinated in lemon juice and olive oil.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like the dinner I'm making later, except with mashed potatoes. And I always use fresh bread crumbs now. I can't go back to the canned.

    I'll still be following you, my friend. You and only a few others. Quietly. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!