Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chicago - Day 1, Part 1: Lunch at Lindy's Chili

We went to Chicago to visit my grandparents the first weekend in May. We arrived on Friday, May 1, and after dropping our bags off at our room and saying hello to my grandmother, SP, my grandfather and I drove out to our favorite lunch spot - Lindy's Chili. I've been eating here since I was a little girl and SP is a huge fan as well. It's a must for any trip to Chicago.


SP ordered the Polish sausage special, which came with a bowl of their famous chili mac:


... topped with sour cream, cheese and raw onion. The Polish sausage:


... comes with relish, tomato, onion, and pickle on a poppy seed bun. To drink he had a root beer float:


... which came with tons of vanilla ice cream floating on top of the root beer. I ordered a cheeseburger:


... and one of my favorites, chili cheese fries:


I love their chili, but I especially love it topping their crispy, skin-on fries. I ate way too much and was stuffed silly by the time we left, but it was all delicious.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Those chili cheese chips look reallllllly good (but really naughty too!) :P I love skin-on chips, somehow it makes it feel healthier, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie - look at those chili cheese fries! And that root beer float too!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!