Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Throw Together Dinner

Dinner tonight was basically a way for me to use up some tomatoes Mom gave us last week. When we took possession of them they were rock solid and unripe. After sitting on our windowsill for over a week they still weren't all that ripe, but they were starting to develop rotten spots so they needed to be used.

Here's what I came up with:



Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. Here's what I did: I cooked one medium onion, thinly sliced, in some oil along with a few cloves of minced garlic, salt and pepper. I blanched the tomatoes in the water I boiled to cook the pasta so I could take the skin off. Once the tomatoes were peeled and coarsely chopped, those went in to the pan as well. I added some white wine and chicken stock to make a sauce, added the thin spaghetti, tossed it all together with some grated cheese and called it dinner. It was surprisingly good for something that only took 15 minutes to throw together.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!