Monday, September 07, 2009

Patty Melt and Fries

One of SP's favorite ways to eat a burger is a patty melt. I've never had one in a restaurant but it always looks good when he orders one. Since I've been experimenting with burgers lately I thought I'd give the patty melt a try.


I used regular white bread since we wouldn't go through a whole loaf of rye and I made my patty melt with American cheese instead of the more traditional Swiss that SP had. I used meatloaf mix (my standby these days) for the burgers and slow-cooked two onions for the topping.


It's hard to tell from the pictures but there was a ton of gooey cheese on the sandwich. The sweetness from the onions was a great contract. I loved this sandwich, especially dipped into ketchup. Yum!
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. That look so simple and delicious. My mouth is watering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty melts are a favorite around here! Looks delicious! Maybe a good lunch idea for today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fries, they look awesome. You bought them like that, right? I was figuring it would take quite some time to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "there was a ton of gooey cheese on the sandwich."

    YES PLEASE.

    Love patty melts. You know me. All I need for burger bliss is good meat, melty cheese, thin bread and maybe some onions. So duh... why have I never made them at home? I am so gonna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could so eat that right now... I have a weakness for patty melts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Joelen, I also have a weakness for patty melts (and reubens!).

    Gah...I just started my diet too and this post is just killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm. A patty melt is such a yummy way to make a burger. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!