Saturday, September 19, 2009

Garlic Lemon Shrimp and Orzo with Broccoli

I saw this recipe for Garlic Lemon Shrimp and Orzo with Broccoli on my friend Colleen's blog. SP is a huge fan of orzo and I had some shrimp I wanted to use up.


Broccoli is usually one of my favorite veggies but I haven't made it in awhile. I know tastes change in pregnancy and I didn't realize I was off the broccoli until we sat down to eat. The original recipe doesn't call for it and I should have left it out. Other then that the recipe was delicious. Next time I think I'll add a little cream to make the sauce a little richer.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know that I've ever bought orzo, but we love shrimp, pasta and broccoli, so this will be added to my list of things to try!!! Your picture practically has me drooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's when I see photos like this one that I really wish I could like shrimp. Your photo makes me want to try shrimp again for the 100th time even though I never like it! LOL That's definitely a compliment! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you liked this (without the broccoli). Orzo is so delicious to cook with. I like to add the veggies since my H doesn't really like them separate - this is my way to get him to eat them!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!