Monday, September 01, 2008

Sunday Dinner

On Sunday SP came over to my parent's house and we all had dinner. In keeping with our usual theme we had a smorgasbord of food, including a corn salad using the leftover corn from the night before:


... mixed with tomato, basil, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper. We also had sliced tomatoes and cucumber:


... along with more beet salad:


My stepdad has asked for potato wedges he could dip in ketchup, so I sliced a few baking potatoes into wedges, microwaved them so they'd soften a bit and finished them in a cast iron pan:


They didn't get as crispy as I would have liked, but they were still good. My stepdad also grilled some BBQ chicken, summer sausage and fresh pork roll:


... and we had tamales from the local farmer's market:


My plate:


... starting at the top and going clockwise - potato wedges and ketchup, beet salad, sliced tomato, BBQ chicken, a queso tamale and corn salad in the center. It was a delicious meal made even better by dessert:


We loved the peaches so much the last time that we had them again, tossed with orange juice and brown sugar, cooked in a pan with a little butter until the juice and sugar formed a syrup and served hot over vanilla ice cream. Fantastic!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Since I live right by your mom, can I come to dinner next time? Please? It always looks so good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke - Absolutely! I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you serve even the most simple things like cucumber and tomato so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do my potato wedges the same way. Every time I serve them that way (so simple) guests/family wonder how I came up with this. I got my recipe from Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) as I have huge shrubs of rosemary in my yard. Yours looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!