Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Spaghetti Carbonara

I've been thinking about Spaghetti Carbonara lately so I put it on the list for this week.


As I was reheating the leftovers of this dinner for my lunch today I got to thinking about my history with spaghetti carbonara. I had my first bowl of carbonara in England, of all places, with my very dear friend Big S (who I know reads this blog but rarely comments...everyone wave hello to Big S.) She and I both love food and while we were in Norwich for our junior year abroad she discovered Pinocchio's on St. Benedicts Street. Unfortunately they don't have a website, but trust me it's a cute place. I'm fairly certain she had never had carbonara before either and we split a plate, without bacon in her portion since she's a vegetarian. It was heaven, rich and creamy and fantastic. I was hooked. After leaving England I promptly forgot all about carbonara until I saw Lidia make it on her show one day. I started making it again and I've been a fan ever since.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! We have alfredo all the time - Cabonara is Alfredo with bacon, is that right? Or is there more to it than that?

    http://freshly-ground.blogspot.com/2008/05/behold.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carbonara - that looks really fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Big S, weighing in! So excited to see this post...I miss Pinocchio's, and my favorite eating buddy :) We MUST get together sometime soon and have a feast!! Incidentally, do you know what Lisa is doing in England right now?? I saw it on her facebook! Bye Little S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan - It's a little different then just alfredo and bacon since alfredo is basically cream and butter and carbonara is eggs (and cream, depending on the recipe), bacon and onions (at least in my version).

    Katie - Thanks...it's one of my favorites. :)

    Big S - HEY!!! So good to see you. Yes, we definitely have to get together very soon. SP and I would love to have you down to our neck of the woods. You could stay with us and we'd cook all weekend. :)

    Lisa and Daniel went to England for his sister's wedding and are staying for 2 weeks as a vacation. I am SO jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!