Monday, September 29, 2008

Roast Chicken Dinner

We needed something fun for Sunday dinner, especially because the weather this weekend was so horrid. It was cool, but the humidity was something like 95%. I hate that sticky feeling. SP thought it would be good to dry out the house with the oven, so he suggested a roast chicken dinner.


I rubbed the chicken with a rosemary and thyme butter, seasoned it with salt and pepper, and cooked it at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, then turned the oven down to 350 to finish cooking the chicken for 2 more hours.

I cooked up more of the red potatoes to make smashed potatoes and steamed some broccoli. Once the chicken was done I made gravy using the drippings and some chicken broth. It was a fantastic meal.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a simple dinner like this is definitely one of my favorites. looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!