Sunday, September 28, 2008

Meatloaf Muffins with Smashed Potatoes and Green Beans

As much as I hate to admit it, the weather is changing. Fall has arrived and it's time to put away the summer recipes for more homey, cold-weather meals. On Thursday I made one of my favorite comfort food meals - meatloaf muffins:


I usually throw whatever sounds good into my meatloaf, along with the requisite breadcrumbs and egg. This time it was some onion, red pepper, a jalapeno and a little chipotle salsa. I put the muffins into a greased muffin tin and top each muffin with a little ketchup. They bake for 35 minutes at 425 degrees.

While the meatloaf muffins cooked I scrubbed some red potatoes and cooked them for smashed potatoes, which I made with sour cream, butter, scallions, salt and pepper and a splash of milk. I love leaving the skins on when making mashed potatoes. I also picked up some green beans at the farmers market (the last day for the market by my office...boo!) so we had those steamed.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous, never thought of using a muffin tin! Smart :) I've made mini meatloaves by just shaping them into little loaves, but the muffins are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between this and your roast chicken up there, it's starting to actually seem like October.

    Reminds me... your anniversary is approaching fast, eh?

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!