Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mac & Cheese with Arugula Salad

I had little bits of various cheeses to use up and I knew I'd be busy at work because of my upcoming conference, so I made a mac & cheese on Sunday to have during the week. I made the cheese sauce using blue, cheddar and Gruyere cheeses. I also made a fresh bread crumb topping using 3 slices of bread and thyme, rosemary, chives, basil and parsley:


On Monday I took it out of the fridge when I got home, popped it in the oven and 30 minutes later we were sitting down to dinner. While the mac & cheese cooked I sliced some mushrooms and red onion and tossed it with arugula for a quick salad:


I loved having an easy dinner on the table so quickly with minimal effort. I think I'm going to get back into the weekend prep this winter.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. =O

    Love this one. Perfection. And by that I don't just mean taste, but just reminding me that I can make something easy and delicious and have it for the week. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm..my mouth is watering looking at that mac n cheese. I love the fresh herbs with the bread to make the bread crumbs.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!