Monday, September 15, 2008

Grilled Dinner

On Sunday it was so incredibly hot we didn't want to cook inside. I had a lot of veggies in the fridge from last week's farmers market so I made skewers using cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and red onion and cooked them on the grill:


... so they would get that fantastic charred flavor:


I also sliced some of the tomatoes from my garden:


... and we had some beet, goat cheese and arugula salad:


I thought I took pictures of the mini burgers, but my plate shot is all I've got:


The burgers were fantastically juicy, with a good char flavor. We kept it simple with soft, pillowy potato rolls, mayo and ketchup. It was a fantastic, easy dinner.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. YUM! I LOVE skewers and your all veggie ones look great. And of course with my FAVORITE salad (just bought beets last night btw). Looks like a GREAT meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - I love doing veggies on the grill. So yummy! I knew you'd love the salad. I can't get enough of beets these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skewered veggies look gorgeous! What a fresh and healthy dinner! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to find your blog on Foodie Blogroll! Your beet, arugula and goat cheese salad looks so yummy! We're getting beets in our CSA basket tomorrow and I'm going to try it! Yours will be a blog I read regularly, your food looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aggie - Thank you!! I love grilling vegetables. :)

    Joie de vivre - Hello and welcome! :) The beet salad is one of my favorites. I love beets and this is a great way to eat them. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!