Thursday, October 23, 2008

Orzo with Sausage, Peppers, and Tomatoes

I saw this recipe for Orzo with Sausage, Peppers, and Tomatoes in the Serious Eats Newsletter a few weeks ago. Since we had a pound of sausage in the freezer I figured I'd give it a try.


It was a very, very easy recipe that came together in less than 30 minutes. It had good flavor, but neither of us thought it was craveable. I like sausage, but I've never found myself saying, "Wow, I'm really craving some sausage right now." That being said, this meal was very good. I used spicy Italian sausage and added red pepper flakes as well, so the dish had a nice kick. I've always been a fan of the creaminess of orzo and it didn't disappoint. My only real complaint was that I couldn't quite taste the roasted red peppers or the tomatoes. And I added way more then 2 plum tomatoes. I had about 6 whole peeled tomatoes leftover from a can I opened earlier this week and I used them all, but unfortunately they got lost in the shuffle.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    I really like your blog, I have run accross it by accident but have become addicted to it.
    I am Brazilian but my partner is from Destin-Florida.We're always trying something in the kitchen, and I am learning some Southern cooking.I would love to exchange some e-mails with you, if you wanted, that is.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    tiagostucky@aol.com
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the sausage! I always do the same stuff with it. we'll have to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny it didn't wow you cause it looks awesome. Something I would eat for sure. Maybe it can be tweaked just right...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely giving this a try. My husband will love it. You have some really great dinner ideas on your blog! Thank you!


    comforttable.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this and it turned out well! Thanks for profiling it!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!