Wednesday, April 16, 2008

White Pizza

We might be going out with friends on Friday so I decided to make our weekly pizza last night. I wanted to do something different and I recently saw Rachael Ray make a white pizza that look absolutely delicious:


I decided to make two smaller pizzas instead of one large one because my pizza stone just isn't big enough. No matter how hard I try, a normal large-size pizza doesn't fit on the stones I have. SP had the brilliant idea to just make two smaller ones, which worked out quite well.

I followed the recipe (except for the basil) and it was creamy and cheesy and oh-so-yummy. My only complaint was that the crust started to get too brown around the edges before the bottom crust got crispy. That was my fault because I rolled the dough as thin as I could. It still tasted great and SP loved the thin crust, but next time I'll need to either lower the oven temp or keep the dough thicker.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. This is making my mouth water. I love white pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make your own dough? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to fit into a dress in 2 weeks and finding your site isn't helping! I love white pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm I would have loved any pizza that was getting too dark in parts for its own good. ;) looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wanted to let you know, I think your blog is great. I have given you an award. Check it out: http://myburnttoast.blogspot.com/2008/04/blogging-with-purpose.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try making this! Ive never tried making pizza from scratch before...

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!