Sunday, June 17, 2007

Buffalo Shrimp

One week from today I'll be heading home from my conference. I can't wait. I worked another 9-hour day today. I'm exhausted putting in 12-hour days during the week and 9-hour days on the weekends. Tonight was the last dinner SP and I will eat together until I get home since I'll be working late Monday and Tuesday and then I leave Wednesday. We wanted the meal to be special so SP decided to make shrimp. The last time we went to our favorite hot sauce store we got a spicy buffalo wing sauce that the owner told us was amazing with grilled shrimp.


They were spicy and smoky and bursting with flavor. Quite yummy. SP has never been a fan of regular rice but we both heard brown rice was really good for you so we gave it a shot. I thought it was bland, but SP loved it. As long as there's a sauce for me to sop up with the rice I'm fine so I think brown rice will be our rice of choice from here on out.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I've recently heard that brown rice is better for you, as well. When my friend makes white rice, he washes off all the starch so I don't know if that makes it better or not. I too find brown rice pretty bland, so I'll usually go half-and-half with white rice, or smother the brown rice with sauce. The prawns look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I think my stepmother ruined brown rice for me. I won't go into specifics, but let's say it involved rice stuck to the bottom of the pot.

    Those shrimps are huge! Where can I get this sauce, I think it may be delish on chicken.

    PS - I hope everything went a-ok this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!