Wednesday, December 04, 2013

November Re-Make Recap

I messed up. I usually finish this recipe recap at the end of each month but we were away for the Thanksgiving holiday and I completely forgot. So, here it is, a few days late. Can we talk about how it's already December? How did THAT happen? I can't believe we're less than a month away from 2014. Anyone else feel like they just start getting used to the current year and it's time to move to the next year? 2013 went by in the blink of an eye.



I rediscovered fish last month and couldn't wait to remake this favorite, tilapia francese. It was just as delicious as I remembered and Baby Girl yummed it up.



We went to our friend's house for an Italian-themed dinner. I had to bring this amazing antipasto salad. This is my go-to salad for anything Italian and it was a big hit.



I finally bought ground ginger so I needed to remake these double crunch honey garlic pork chops. The result was perfect - nice and crunchy coating, delicious sauce. It's been awhile since I cooked pork and we all enjoyed it.

bolognese

I took more of the meat sauce bolognese out of the freezer. I think I only have two more packages left. Guess that means I'll be making another big batch soon. Such a great freezer meal.



I'm not a big soup person but it was cold and I needed something easy I could make during the day for SP and Baby Girl to eat for dinner. This broccoli cheddar soup hit the spot and the leftovers were great the next day.

citrus chicken burrito

I'm obsessed with these citrus chicken burritos. I'd make them once a week if they weren't so time-consuming. I'm not ashamed to admit that I could eat two of these in one sitting, if given the opportunity.



You know I have to make these refried beans any time I make Mexican food. So simple and so delicious.



I wanted a hearty casserole one night so I made these scalloped potatoes with ham. I'm not sure what happened but my dish was very watery. I think it may have been the onions. I'm going to modify the recipe because I'd hate for that to happen to someone else.

Baked Chicken Burrito

These baked chicken burritos with sour cream-poblano sauce are a family favorite. The original recipe calls for ground beef so that's what I used this time. The sauce is my favorite part of this meal, it's practically drinkable.



Even though asparagus isn't in season (and is very expensive right now) I had to make this spicy pork and asparagus stir fry when a craving hit. Unfortunately I was out of angel hair and didn't realize it, so I couldn't have my leftovers that way. Bummer.

chicken BLT salad3

We all love a good, hearty dinner salad and this chicken BLT salad really hits the spot. The crispy chicken is so good.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I am obviously starving but those all looked amazing!! yum!!! Going to have to try a few :) I agree with December. I was looking to see what we were supposed to eat and realized that I had to flip the calendar and hadn't written down anything for December!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!