Friday, December 20, 2013

Creamy Noodles

This post has been sitting in my draft folder for ages and I'm sorry it's taken me this long to share it with you.

Awhile back I was looking for an easy side dish, something a little different, and I came across Stephanie's Creamy Noodles. Stephanie is a genius, pure and simple. She took one of my favorite childhood indulgences - those noodles and sauce packets where you just add milk - and made a homemade version.

creamy noodles2

Unfortunately I didn't have any spinach (not even frozen) when I made these, but they were still delicious. I can't wait to make them again.

Creamy Noodles
As seen on Stephanie Cooks

2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
1 cup baby spinach, cut into thin ribbons
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons light cream
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400.

Cook the egg noodles. Drain and put them into a small baking dish. Add the spinach and stir.

In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, flour, light cream, grated garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and onion powder. Stir well until the flour is no longer clumpy. Pour the sauce over the noodles and spinach, stirring well.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes, uncovered, stirring halfway through. The broth should thicken up and coat the noodles. Serve.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!