Monday, December 02, 2013

Roasted Green Beans

I love to roast vegetables but I never thought to roast green beans until the girls on my cooking board mentioned it. And it couldn't be simpler - toss with seasonings and oil and roast until tender.

Roasted green beans

There are a ton of variations - my cooking board mentioned adding onions or mushrooms, garlic, various spices, even soy sauce and orange juice for an Asian spin - but so far I've only done oil, salt and pepper. I'll definitely be experimenting soon, though.

Recently I roasted 2lbs of green beans for 5 adults and 1 child and we had very few leftover. They're so addicting we kept going back for more.

Roasted Green Beans

2lbs green beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Trim the ends off the green beans and place in a 9 x 13" baking dish. Add the oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat all the beans evenly.

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the beans are tender and starting to brown in spots. Every few minutes give them a toss with tongs.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!